Delightful Spiced Pork and Cherry Kebabs are an amazing addition to any dinner party or barbecue. The tart cherry and spicy pork complement each other perfectly. Plus it’s so easy!
Makes: 4 Prep: 25 mins Total Time: 30 mins
* 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, stemmed and seeded, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
* 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
* 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 pound cherries, stemmed and pitted
* Cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium high.
2. Place chipotles, adobo sauce, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, tomato paste, coriander, salt, and pepper in a blender or a food processor and puree. Place pork in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the sauce. In another medium bowl, toss cherries with remaining sauce.
3. Alternately thread pork and cherries onto 8 long skewers or 12 medium ones (if using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for a half hour beforehand). Reserve sauce that remains in the cherry bowl.
4. Grill skewers on one side until pork releases easily from the grate, about 2 minutes. Flip skewers and brush with reserved sauce. Grill for 2 minutes more, then flip skewers again and brush with sauce. Continue to grill until pork is nearly white in the center, 1 to 2 minutes more. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Per serving: 242 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1.4 g sat. fat), 25 g carb., 3 g fiber, 25 g protein